HP D530 CMT - compatible graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morinehtar

Beta member
Hi, I'm in need of some help, I recently bought a hp d530 cmt computer for £30 it is 2.8ghz and has 126mbX2 pc2700 333mhz non-eec ddr ram and I have fiited it with a 480w psu and a ati radeon 9200 128mb graphics card. Also I have ordered 2 x 512MB DDR 333Mhz PC2700 Ram non-eec for £15 and now I am after a decent graphics card.

I want this machine to be capable of playing rappelz, football manager 2010, playing hd files or streaming them to xbox and to be able to convert video formats rather quicker than my current 2.2ghz machine.

HP Compaq Business Desktop d530 Series - World Wide QuickSpecs this is a link to the specs of my pc and has alot of info about it.

I have come across a few problems with this machine I tried putting in 1gb ddr pc2100 128x64high-density ram whilst taking out the original memory and the machine failed to start. I had 4 red light flashes which I think indicates a power failure the same thing happened when I tried to input a Geforce FX5700 256mb graphics card and I have no idea why.

Soo I was hoping someone could recommend me a 256mb graphics card or list that would be compatible with my machine (agp 8x 1.5v) that meets my requirements. Also any explanations why my previous graphics card and memory didn't work are more that welcome, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom