HP 110-023w

TheDrunk

In Runtime
I currently have a HP 110-023w
I toook it out of its case, due to build my own custom case and have something cool, I wish to use it as a server but might change my mind, no matter what I use it for I am wondering about upgrades beyond the suggested upgrade list from HP

Ram: Site says I can go to 16G ddr3, I would like to know if i can push that to 32.
Processor: says highest I can support is as follows.

Intel Core i3-3220T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
up to 35 W
Intel Core i3-3240T (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core
up to 35 W

Want to know if i can go quad core ?

There is a micro Slot which is used for wifi cards. I am wondering what a good multi channel 5g card would be, or even if there is a micro card that has router properties like gigyabite has on desktop

I am also wondering if it would be worth, using the USB 2.0 pins and adding a multi slot Sata slots, ?

Ram: Site says I can go to 16G ddr3, I would like to know if i can push that to 32.
Probably not because 16GB DIMMs weren't available then so the bios probably won't support it.

Want to know if i can go quad core ?
Again, can physically install an i5 or i7 but it probably won't post due to no bios support.

There is a micro Slot which is used for wifi cards. I am wondering what a good multi channel 5g card would be, or even if there is a micro card that has router properties like gigyabite has on desktop
They don't specify exactly what type of slot it is besides micro but I think it's a standard 1x slot for any typical laptop style Wifi card.

Thanks,

Is there a device which you can put into the USB pins, and provide extra Sata slots, or do I need ot buy a USB sata connector?

Not PCI.
yet I have the multicard reader slot on the MOBO and USB slot on the MOBO am wondering if there is a connection otu there that will convert form USB allowing for Sata connection?
If not, I know I can add another USB to the Multicard readere pins and use external Sata connection via USB. but if there is a mini card Sata slot would be better. I plan on wanting three harddrives connected. the board has two sats slots, abnd power for both.

I figured as much,

So is there a USB to multiple sata connector?
I shall be using a secondary power supply as well, and am looking for one that will power Hard drives, and few extras, such as lights. so it does not require a 20 or 24 pin mobo connector. any ideas.

I figured as much,

So is there a USB to multiple sata connector?
I shall be using a secondary power supply as well, and am looking for one that will power Hard drives, and few extras, such as lights. so it does not require a 20 or 24 pin mobo connector. any ideas.

Well to connect the HDD's to USB you'll need an external HDD enclosure anyway, and those are powered by their own power source already, unless it's a 2.5" HDD, which can sometimes be powered through the USB port.

Thanks, just want I am looking for.
I have a plan to wall mount it with some extras, making a mini Norad station to support my gaming tower, my work horse, this system, Xbox 1 and Ps4 along with a few other devices

Back
Top Bottom