How Well Do These Parts Go Together -New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
I can build them, (well, this will be system two) however, I get a little out of the loop over the months so I like to check with everyday members that are more up on all this.

The CPU is rather costly, thing is, I have a budget that goes about hundred over this, I do need a tv turner, better choice for a CPU? Trying to make a system that can be upgraded for a while.

I have a hard drive, two OS's and a graphics card already. (from current system)

Overall, items need to be exchanged for something better? Cheaper that can get close to the same results? Is the power supply good enough?

I could upgrade the case a bit.

Some items are listed just for price reasons, the total is $524.00 and I can spend over $600.00, that leaves room for improvements.

Thanks for the help.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail

ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Antec earthwatts EA500 500W ATX12V v2.0 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail !!!!!!!!(NOT FOR THIS SYSTEM, I'm using a HD3870, the person this is going to only wants to play Sims 2 and maybe 3 next year, seeing what people have to say about it, a better item? This is part of that combo deal.)!!!!!!!

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail

SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model SH-S223Q - OEM

Rosewill R318-P-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Looks like you got a solid system to me - I don't know much about graphics cards, because I don't game. But everything fits and works together. Main thing is to get a high end motherboard and a good psu - upgrading those are usually more costly than it's worth. You might want to consider a quad if you're looking to do less upgrades down the road, as the quad is more future proof (more applications are looking to use multiple cores in the future).

Looks like you got a solid system to me - I don't know much about graphics cards, because I don't game. But everything fits and works together. Main thing is to get a high end motherboard and a good psu - upgrading those are usually more costly than it's worth. You might want to consider a quad if you're looking to do less upgrades down the road, as the quad is more future proof (more applications are looking to use multiple cores in the future).

Still thinking about it, not much more, and I need to get a good mother board, those are not the simplest items to upgrade at all, or just too costly.

This is pretty much the same price as that 9500gt:
Newegg.com - ASUS EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Any 9600GT/9600GSO would be a better buy.

Looks good, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom