How to run 3G memory on 4 slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow its been a while since somone posted back....
i almost thought this was a nw thread untill i saw my posts..

Since 32bit can create over 4G combinations, it theoretically should read 4G memory easily, but as I understand it some of the capacity is taken up by ROM, other drives, etc so there is only around 3G for RAM.

Also I've read most programs only are allowed 2G of RAM, which would mean any gains with another 1G would be minor?

The program that is giving me the most trouble is Premiere Pro CS2, I suppose that one only uses 2G.

yes but there is a way to give applications access to the extra ram.

@darsunt....I've been using the Premiere Pro CS3 on a Dell Laptop with a Duo core 2 1.8 with 1GB ram with XP pro installed....till now I have had no issues, the only case of freezing up is when I try to export the video to the desired high quality [HD 780p or something]format while multitasking [like multiple IE windows, VLC player etc]. So I was of an assumption that, 2GB of ram would be more than sufficient to run the Premiere smoothly. Are you sure its your lack of ram the problem.
When exactly does you computer freeze, as in what action do you perform that causes it....

I've had driver problems, which may or not be resolved now. Also I think my cpu is a little bit small for film editing. It is a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300. It is very popular, but I've heard of people using much more powerful cpus for film editing.

Very simple tasks in the film editor push the cpu usage to 100%. Things are better now since the reinstall but before 100% cpu usage always ended in a crash or blue screen. Even now I have to be careful

Hey darsunt? have you even oced you E6300?
If you oc that to about 3.0 ghz or higher it should work pretty good with vido editing.

The quads would be the best choice for those tasks though

No offense to anybody but dont listen to the "3gig has no peformance increase". It really does. Do as was said and slap 2 512 stick of the same speed in and youll see a difference. I run 3gig myself and there is a big difference in load times, game performance, ect. Also, if done correctly it will still run in dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom