How Much Would This Sell For

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I'm lining up funds for my new rig and specs and stuff have all been worked out, but my main concern is that I get enough for this rig.

Abit AA8-Duramax (925X Chipset)
Intel Pentium 4 520 @ 3.73 GHz
Kingston DDR2-533 2x256MB Dual Channel (3-3-3-8 down from 4-4-4-12)
Western Digital Caviar SE 7.2K RPM 160GB HDD
Optorite DVD +/- RW
CompUSA Floppy Drive
Apex Case + 350W PSU
Antec Multicolor LED Case Fan
Sapphire Radeon X600 Pro 128MB

I want to use the overclocking as a plus and just use it to advertise the system and its limits, hoping to get some bucks off of that. The ram timings are some of the lowest for DDR2 and I want to use the tweaked settings to advertise the system again and make bucks off of that. Of course, I will restore all components to their original settings. I also overclocked the Radeon to X600XT or close to that so I could use that to get more bucks.

In additon, to get more money I will aslo include the following.

Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition
Adobe Photoshop CS2
Nero Suite 6.x
Office 2003 Corporate
Security Software
Restore Disk (Made Using Some Ghosting Software)

All original boxing for the motherboard and the motherboard bundle including cables and stuff will be included. So will the graphics card box be included.

Looking at the specs and the software that I'm including, and basically the entire bundle, how much do you guys think I could get for this on eBay?

Make sure you mention it's overclocked, or it's a shady against the law practice...

I say 400 / 500 dollars

Are you serious $400/500? People on other forums told me $700 and I should hold myself to believe $600. I will mention overclocked.

That's my personal estimate on how much it would sell in the commercial market. Overclocking does not affect retail price.

Personally I would pay 250$ max for something like that :p

i might be interested in buying that. couple questions though. are those the real versions of that software or pirated? just wondering. also why are you going to put the stuff back to stock speeds if you advertise it at oc speeds. i might buy it for around $400-$500 if i can get the money and if you leave the parts at the oc speeds.

I'm not willing to sell it for below $600. On other forums (AMD Tech), I was told $600-700 w/o shipping. Secondly, I was checking on eBay for prices and they have very closely specd rigs as mine above going for $600 W/O GRAPHICS CARDS!

I would like to get $700, but even $600 is fine because I'll be making a profit.

About software, its Corporate Edition for a reason, all of those. My Dad got alot of this stuff from the NJ State Govt. where he works. The Corp. Edition of virtually any software doesn't have any sort of activation. So, they are not pirated.

And what I meant by advertising the overclocking was that I would state that the system was stable at 3.73 GHz with a 1066 FSB and 3-3-3-8 DDR2 timings. However, I'm not sure if the person who buys it would want to leave it at oced settings. I'll list voltages and settings and they can do that themselves, but I"m not going to be doing it for the. It may keep buyers away from the system if they see it is still overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom