How much "watts" does my computer have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can install that video card because it runs off the motherboard. However that doesn't mean you will get away with that 300 watt power supply. It is recommended that you install another power supply to ensure future reliability, here is a cheap and trusted power supply .

I got this from a SONY Support:

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.

Sony does not recommend or assist in the upgrading of the computers power supply.

WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Upgrading the power supply may result in hardware damage.

WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. Upgrading the power supply may result in personal injury.

WARNING: Upgrading the power supply may VOID the computers warranty.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

How do you exactly install / uninstall power supply?

What happens if I don't change my power supply? What bad things can happen? What good things can happen if I upgrade?

Its easy, just remove all power connections in your computer then unscrew the power supply from the back and remove. Then replace with your new power supply and granted you have made proper connetions, you will have a fully functioning computer. Pros: higher expansion capabilities, better reliability*, better sense of mind included? Cons: the possibility of faulty PSU, might be incompatibility**

* Depends on model of power supply
** Have knowledge before you buy

WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. Upgrading the power supply may result in hardware damage.
umm, no! not unless you do something very wrong (like put a molex connector upside down, which is quite hard to do)

all you have to do is take note of the shape of the plugs. they can only go in specific places.

WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. Upgrading the power supply may result in personal injury.
no, not unless you open up the power supply and start touching the capacitors.

you're not going to need to open up the power supply.

akasixcon said:
What happens if I don't change my power supply? What bad things can happen? What good things can happen if I upgrade?

If you run a system with an underrated PSU, many things can happen. For starters, the computer might refuse to be turned on. If that doesn't happen, then you may get random crashes and reboots because of insufficient power. In the worst scenario, the PSU can overload, burn and damage another component of your computer in the process.

If you upgrade, you should in principle get rid of stability problems. Also, if you pick a reliable brand, you'll minimize the chance of your PSU blowing up and damaging your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom