How much of a video card can 100$ buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehotdog5

Baseband Member
I'll eventually need to get a new psu and a video card, I figure I can probably spend around 150$ on both. I'm not sure how much of a psu will be required for a 100$ card though.

In any case, I was wondering how much graphical power a card could potentially give me at this price. This is in the future of course, it'll be several months before I get the money to upgrade.

as in games like skyrim or mw3. I'll definitely look into that equipment. Also, how do I know how much wattage is required for a given video card? I never see it listed anywhere. Can a 600w carry a large variety of cards?

Most cards only need at max 450W to run.

AMD Radeon

System requirements tab.

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode).

hm, my current psu is 450 but someone said it wasn't good enough if I'm looking to upgrade my card. Here's a scan I took of the label:

Would this be good enough for cards in that range?

When it says you need 450W, that means that it is the MAX you will need for that card. You may never need that much. But it is always good to upyour PSU, so that you do not have to worry about it later when you update your system.

When it says you need 450W, that means that it is the MAX you will need for that card. You may never need that much. But it is always good to upyour PSU, so that you do not have to worry about it later when you update your system.

Oh ok, so basically I won't really need to worry about upgrading my psu unless I plan on buying an expensive gaming card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom