how many fans do I need to keep good temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On stock settings, there should be no worries. Its a small case, so even 2 fans give quite a concentrated airflow.

But yeah, you're limited to 80mm input, 120mm output.

Bear in mind when overclocking, the GT runs quite hot, and the Q6600 with AF7 likewise, so take it nice and slow and keep an eye on the temps.

Ok thanks. I was under the impression it had a spot for a side fan from the pictures but if 2 fans is enough than it doesnt matter anyway.

I have one more question. When I finish building it and I want to make sure its stable and everything. I really only need to look at the temperatures of the cpu and gpu right? Or do I also need to look at ram temps, mobo temps, etc.?

i got 2 80mm in the front, 2 80mm in the back on some generic case, i still got good temps.

those two fans should be more then enough for stock speeds, if you want to overclock or if your paranoid, you do have options though. the case doesnt technically have mounts for more fans, but that can be fixed. example #1 my case only had mounts for a 80 mm intake and 80 mm exhaust. I wanted a 120 mm intake, so I got my drill out an drilled out custom mounts for the intake in the front of the case. since I have a plastic outer case over the metal no one notices the drill holes as they are inside. #2 you can get some epoxy from wally world and glue a fan over that vent over the CPU. #3 you can get an arctic bay freezer. it is basically 2 60 mm exhaust fans mounted to a box like exhaust tube that you mount in an extra 5.25 in bay. I have one of these, and its kinda nice most of the time, only time its annoying is if its cold in the room and you have the tower on the desk-it blows cold air all over ya and makes ya cold. lol but it does work effectively. I have a 120 mm intake, 80 mm exhaust in the back, 80 mm intake from the psu, and the 2 60 mm fans in the arctic bay freezer blowin out the front. keeps my system running nice and cool, even under load. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom