How to know if your cpu is dead ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default How to know if your cpu is dead ?

Pretty much the title I made a thread before thinking it was my graphics card but clearly wasn't as I have upgraded but still getting fps drop.

''I have a nvidia GeForce 750 ti and when I play PuBG only recently I drop frames and when I checked when Iím idle not in a game Iím at 35 but when I get into a game I go all the way up to 77 which is pretty hot ?
What could be causing this ? Should I buy a new one ? Which I donít mind because If it fixes it then itís fine or should I buy a new fan ? Although they all seem to be working ?''

Was the thread I now upgraded to a GTX 1060 from the 750 ti but still havn't solved the issue maybe my CPU is dead?

Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: How to know if your cpu is dead ?

You can keep to one thread. So you have a 1060 now, but you haven't mentioned any other hardware or anything else specific to your situation. You'll need to provide more information.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
You can keep to one thread. So you have a 1060 now, but you haven't mentioned any other hardware or anything else specific to your situation. You'll need to provide more information.
GTX 1060
16gb ram
I5 4960k

Never used to have these problems and now with league I drop my frames to like 40-50 FPS what other information would you like to ?
Old 03-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Run a stress test. Something like Prim95 or AIDA64 would work (or even the free 3dmark stress test) to see what your CPU temps are like. Also need your PSU and what resolution you're trying to play on.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote