How to install Videocard,Ram,PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneakyy

Solid State Member
I have http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Comp...41807/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I have A 6600gt, ValueSelect Ram (1 gb 2 512 sticks), and A PSU 400w.

I want to install it allmyself, i need some help on where everything goes, The 6600gt is PCI-e and hte ram is DDR, Please post pics if you have them on how to install all this or just Describe where everything goes and the plugs .. Thank you.

AIM: Donttrusttheprst

OR POst, Posting would be better

Also is there any thing i have to do to tweak my Video card wen i install the cdrom , do i have to do any setting changes for my pC? somone said somthing about Shuttin off my onboard Video card? how do i do that?

You need to check the PSU is the same pin layout, and will fit (and if the mobo has PCIE.)

Unscrew PSU, with your hand underneath to catch it, and carefully negotiate its way out, and replace it with your one (if the screw holes are not in the same place, mark where they are and get the drill out.) flip the flaps up for the ram, take out whats in it (or keep it if you wish) put the memory in, and push quite hard to get it in. The flaps will go up on their own.

For the GPU, take off the backplate, lift the flap put it in, close flap, and screw the GPU in.

You will need to instal the new drivers off Nvidia site, and uninstal drivers you already have. Formatting is never a bad idea. You need to go into the BIOS to turn it off, there will be a option. Save and exit afterwards. If you mess it up clear CMOS by taking out the battery and leaving it for a while.

Well you can lay down your case first, on hardwood floor or a hardwood table. Touch the metal part of a case to discharge all static electricity, dont want to fry a componenet :eek: If you are replacing the psu, take all the connections out. and Unscrew it from the outside of the case. Replace the new one in, and plug in all the necssary connections. If you are replacing the video card. locate the video card, and unscrew the screw that is holding it into the case, unplug the power cord if there is one. Push your new video card into the same slot, screw it down, and plug in the power connector.

Ram all you have to do is locate the ram slots. look into your mobo for dual channel ram to see what you have to put in which slots, usually its just slot 1 and slot 3. And look at the notch about 2/3 of the way from one end. THE RAM OHNYL GOES IN ONE WAY :). And line it up and push, make sure you push the clips on the side all the way in.

VV you can check my guide, link in my sig, to see some pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom