How i upgraded my computer to an SSD

heresjaken

Baseband Member
I recently put in an SSD
I was amazed at how much of an improvement it made, my boot time has increased dramatically and also the amount of time it has taken to open a program is alot faster too. I would recommend this to anyone that has been thinking about it. It is the best $100 I have spent in a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. Best upgrade you can make to pretty much any computer nowadays. I've got a 60GB in my desktop and a 120GB in my laptop. Couldn't imagine going back to non-SSD computers.

I say this to everybody, but you wouldn't believe how many people today still say a HDD is fine and how they "don't see a performance increase". Yea, right. These people have obviously never experienced an SSD in their life.

They aren't all that expensive anymore, even worldwide. People tend to look at a 79 dollar 1TB and see that a 128GB SSD is around that same price and think it's expensive. That is actually quite cheap (speaking in USD of course). Portugal should have higher cost, but compared to say 2 years ago it will still be cheap.

Is it worth it? Very. The HDD (and even SSD) is the slowest part in your machine. You can only processes things as fast as you feed it.

Thanks. I guess I'll look for a 120GB SDD. In Portugal, the cheapest ones cost around 90€ ($114). Hope it's worth.

I knew i was going to get an improvement but i was amazed. It is very much worth it i believe. Once installed just map your "My Documents" etc. to you old HDD so you still have plenty of storage space. Defiantly WORTH IT!!!

Back
Top Bottom