How Hard is it to Replace a Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakabrah

Baseband Member
Manufacturer says to get someone who's done it b4 so nothing gets fried. Can't I do it? Any walk-thru's online anywhere? Thanks

its very easy to do
1) lay down the case and open it
2) disconnect all the psu cables from the board/devices
3) unscrew the 4 screws holding the psu and take it out
4) put in the new psu & its screws
5) connect all the cables to the board/devices (and do not forget the 4pin connector)
6) close the case, and power up (before you do make sure the on/off switch at the back of the psu is set to on,but it should be on by default)

the only way the psu will get fried after installing is if youll move its 115/230 voltage switch in the back (its a small red colored switch , its country specific. it should alredy come set as it should do not change it, some psus dont have that switch and have automatic voltage detection instead but most of em do have it)

yes, changing a power supply is very easy to do. Even if you have never done it before, it won't take more than 30 minutes..

I would say a bit less than 30 mins. Remember to hold the PSU when unscrewing it. The way out for the PSU may be a tight squeeze depending on where the CPU is and how big the case is. See if you can take off the over side panel if it isn't blocked by the motherboard tray.

There is always a first time to doing something, maybe this will lead on to you building your own PC's so you can save alot of cash.

Yeah its easy except if the pc is really old and not in the best condition.

I changed my brothers PSU the power connector to the mobo was really dusty, and felt like I was destroying his mobo when removing the connector. :)

Although that pc was 6 years old and never cleaned at all.

Its quite easy, Im young and I have changed the psu on my computer 2 times. I agree it takes about 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom