How good is my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notedog

Baseband Member
These are the features my new laptop has. What do you guys think? Any features that I missed that you think i should get?

nspiron E1505 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5600 (2MB Cache/1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
LCD Panel 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 2 DIMM
Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
Hard Drive 120GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Combo or DVD+RW Drive 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Sound Options Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition
Wireless Networking Cards Dell Wireless 1390b/g (54Mbps)
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft Works Suite 2006- Includes MICROSOFT WORD plus much more!
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) PC-cillin Internet Security: AntiVirus, Firewall, Spyware removal 36-months
Primary Battery 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Carrying Cases Nylon Backpack Carrying Case
Warranty and Service SAVE $50 (after rebate) 4Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service
Getting-Started Help Dell On Call, 30day, Getting started Assistance, unlimited incidents
Internet Access Service 6 Months America Online Internet Access Included
Enhanced Software for CD or DVD Burner Combo: Sonic DigitalMedia and MyDVD Plus (DVD+RW only)
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service, Support
Bluetooth Options Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate)
Dell Digital Entertainment Deluxe pack- Music & photo: Corel Photo Album, MusicMatch Plus, Games
Processor Branding Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Not bad, could be better. Not to diss your setup. Its great and all, but the monitor is below an avg 17 inch display, the gpu is okay and the rpm on the harddrive can be faster.

Below avg is all.

seems fine. if you get a 17 inch screen the notebook will be pretty big.

Not bad, could be better. Not to diss your setup. Its great and all, but the monitor is below an avg 17 inch display, the gpu is okay and the rpm on the harddrive can be faster.

What would I do to increase my GPU and the rpm on my hard drive? Is it somethging you think Ill need? As for the screen, I'm gonna be bringing it back and forth to college, so I don't wanna carry something big there, and when I'm at home, I'll just play it on my TV.

Notedog said:

Your telling me 17 inches is an average laptop display? 5400 rpm is standard for laptops.

To the thread starter..nice rig. Im typing on basically the same thing right now. Runs very fast. We are somewhat limited in our gpu gaming abilities but it has handled everything ive thrown at it so far at medium settings including fear and doom3. You cant increase the rpm on your hd you would need to replace it. I doubt it would make a significant difference other than making your laptop hotter and have lower battery life.

IMO the e1500 specked out is a solid midrange laptop for a ridiculously low price if you get the right deal.

Just noticed one spec you perhaps "missed". The nine cell over 6 cell battery. Its still very light and gives around 5 hours of battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom