how good is this comp?? HELP please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonboy13

Solid State Member
can i please get every1 to let me know what they think of this computer and what each aspect of the comp actually means....i am trying to learn a bit about what things mean so all feedback is great!!

i am buying this comp on thursday so i would love to know how good it is and feedback on its features

details:

Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400 Processor
1024MB DDR2 RAM
320GB SATA Hard Disk Drive
22" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel
256MB GeForce 7600GS Graphics
16x Dual Layer DVD Burner
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
10/100MB Network Interface
Internal 56kb Data Fax Modem
Memory Card Reader
Logitech X230 Speakers with Subwoofers
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

all information is handy so i hope to hear from u all soon

thanx dan

That looks like you've picked out a good one.
over 1GB of Ram which will give your computer decent speed
320 GB hard drive is huge, you wont use that in your whole life
22'' screen is Huge, cant get much bigger than that
wireless keyboard and mouse are good
10.100mb network is fine
memory card reader is good if you use it....
x230 is a good audio setup

id go for that if it was a good price..

thanx for that!!!

when u say good to certain things like "10.100mb network is fine" or "memory card reader is good if you use it....
x230 is a good audio setup".....what do these things mean...how good?

what is 256MB GeForce 7600GS Graphics??

it is priced at $2400, which may seem like alot but im making weekly payments and cost is not the issue.....i want something that looks real nice and i will be able to use throughout my uni studies and wen i graduate and go on to teaching....so the price is not an issue.....i jus wanna know info bout the actual comp

thanx for help so far...keep it comin
umm what bout the processor??

That sounds expensive. Where are you getting it from?

I would do 2 GB RAM instead of the 1024 you have now (2GB = 2048). Also, you should upgrade to the GeForce 7600GT. Thre are less problems with that card and it is slightly better. (That is your video card) The 6400 is a good processor, I am building one now with that in it. You especially want 2GB RAM if you are going with Windows Vista

by the memory card reader, if you use memory cards a lot its useful....i dont use a lot of memory cards so its no use to me....but its usefull if YOU do need it

the x230 is a god audio setup, as apposed to just standard speakers it features great speakers and a subwoffer

10/100 mb is what comes in nearly every computer, but thats rarely upgradeable

the core 2 duo processor is most probably what came in the computer, but that will be fine with your PC

you should be able to use that PC for a long time before its out-dated

I just went to ibuypower.com and "built" a computer, same processor, upgraded your card, went with 2GB RAM, and it came to 1781 shipped. They have awesome looking cases there as well, so you might want to shop around a bit more before you go buying through whoever you went with.

I do agrre with lookin4help

it is a bit pricey for only 1GB of ram -

you definately want a long warrinty with that Price

what is the point of vista if it will only run properly with 2GB RAM???

i very rarely see comps with more than 1GB RAM and only top of the range comps priced $2000+ have 1GB.....everything else has 512MB RAM so it seems....so yer

i am not gonna play high-powered video games....so do i really need a video card upgrade???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom