How To Enhance Wireless Reception???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukgrinch

Solid State Member
i just brought a notebook with a built-in wireless device IntelPRO Wireless 802.11 a/b/g .

the problem is my notebook doesn`t respond well to the wireless signal. my friends notebook which use IntelPRO Wireless 802.11b/g always get very good or exellent reception while mine low and very low.

Anyone has any solution for my problem pls help me...........

Maybe he's closer to the wireless router or connection. Sometimes it depends on the distance.

it depends on elevation of antenna as well, like Acer notebooks have their antenna built in to the top of screens, whilst many others just embed under the casing, so it effects.

btw, weather you get 20% signal or 100%, your internet speed will remain the same. as if u r on G 802.11g, means 54Mbps, obviously you wont be having inernet faster than 10Mbps. so shouldnt effect.

but the diff is too huge....

even when i go diredtly to the trnsmitter antena (about 100 metre) the signal still "very low".......

is there anything wrong with hardware or software(device setting)???:question: :grind: :cross:

antenna elevation/location. thats I have told u already. you cannot help this out in anyway.

but the way, are you on centrino or your friend? or both?

Blind_Arrow said:
antenna elevation/location. thats I have told u already. you cannot help this out in anyway.

but the way, are you on centrino or your friend? or both?

both use the same specs of laptop... i`m starting to think of device(wireless adapter) failure or damage already and thought of going to Acer center....

Bout the 100 metre thing.... even short distance( standing rite infront of th transmitter) also cant get better reception and doesnt do any good.....

That's interesting. I'm a physicist, and looking at it, I think it might work. I'm also having problems with a home wireless network (the PCI cards pick up a very weak signal), so a way to boost reception could solve my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom