How do I know if I need better cooling?

Ah so generic white goop? Did you spread or leave it? Half your issue right there probably. Are you using the IGP inside the APU or a dedicated graphics card?

I can vouch for the Hyper 212 linked above, throw in some TX-2 and you should be set. Just scanning over these posts that temp is way too high for idle and load temps.

Thanks for the CPU fan, Mguire and Yevrag. I'll talk to my brother and see if he can help me, since he has an amazon account and I don't. I"ll let you guys know how it unfolds.

Thanks for the CPU fan, Mguire and Yevrag. I'll talk to my brother and see if he can help me, since he has an amazon account and I don't. I"ll let you guys know how it unfolds.

If you don't have an amazon account I would recommend making one and signing up for the Amazon Prime trial. You get some pretty awesome shipping rates (free usually) and also you can watch videos on there as well. Or if your friend has Prime already then you'll be set.

Amazon Prime if you are interested.

Reapplied the thermal compound. Temperature went down a little. Peak was at 78° and idle dropped to low 50s. Gonna try using another cpu fan to see if that works any better. If not, I'll look into the one linked above.

Heatsink you are using is probably crap. Use a different one or buy a new one and you'll be set I think.

Just be careful with those high temps, AMD is not notorious for handling high heat.

Back
Top Bottom