How Cant I Run Bf2? Ppl Whats Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sk8boarder1414 said:
i got mine for 160$ it was the BF 2 game that added on to the 250$ subtotal price... it was around like 230 or sumthing anyways.. I'm not sure what the 4-pin molex is really could u explain? I've snuggly placed the card in cause then my screen woulddnt be on and I'm most likely sure i uninstalled alll drivers onmy radeon 9250 PCI 256 MB card ............ i was looking around on sites and it said the card needs a 350 minimum power watt supply and i havea 300 watt supply.. is that the reason for ALLLL of my lagginess and why the like card doesnt work....but as well that woulddnt make sense cause i was playing BF 2 yesterday why all of a sudden now it wont load BF2? **** im so confused

Throw that thing away and get yourself a MINIMUM of 450-watts. MINIMUM. If anything tho, I'm sure you didn't uninstall your old drivers for your previous graphics card correctly, and, also, although this is an option, you should have at least a 1 gb of ram. What type of ram you have anyway?

oh, and do a spyware check. Sounds random, but spyware always does weird things, from not being able to even start programs to disabling me from doing anything. If your gona use 512 MB of ram, do remember to use a memory optimizer too.

Ok guys just wondering what some of these things are like a memory optimizer, driver cleaner. so ill uninstall all my drivers by adding and removing programs right? Can anyone gimme the link for my geforce PCI E 6600 GT card for the drivers cause i think im dling the wrong one. As well if you could gimme a good 450 watt or over power supply for cheap that'd be good cause im on an EXTREMELY TIGHT BUDGET! try and find a site with no taxes that ships to canada specifically ontario THANK YOU!

sk8boarder1414 said:
Ok guys just wondering what some of these things are like a memory optimizer, driver cleaner. so ill uninstall all my drivers by adding and removing programs right? Can anyone gimme the link for my geforce PCI E 6600 GT card for the drivers cause i think im dling the wrong one. As well if you could gimme a good 450 watt or over power supply for cheap that'd be good cause im on an EXTREMELY TIGHT BUDGET! try and find a site with no taxes that ships to canada specifically ontario THANK YOU!

Memory Optimzer (Don't touch a thing until optimizing's finished)

TigerDirect.ca has free shipping and only charges you 7% GST.

If you are EXTREMELY tight for cash, get this power supply. But if you want something that'll last, get this one.

512MB of RAM? Windows XP needs a minimum of 256MB to run alone.
Now factor in all the other things that are running in the background.
You're RAM is probably running close to 80% usage.

Now fire up BF2, it's one of the biggest resource hogs ever.

I see I see... any good sites for ram now 1 GB? OH as well for the person who listed power supplies.. how long will the cheap one last me? cause i dont want it breaking down in 2 months

Your PSU will cause a problem as it does not have the juice to power your hardware properly. Thats just common sense dude. sorry.

HAVOC2k5 said:
512MB of RAM? Windows XP needs a minimum of 256MB to run alone.
Now factor in all the other things that are running in the background.
You're RAM is probably running close to 80% usage.

Now fire up BF2, it's one of the biggest resource hogs ever.

I <3 RAM-Optimizers.

ram3nv.png

That's running on XP with optimizer and disabling fancy XP graphics:p

sk8boarder1414 said:
I see I see... any good sites for ram now 1 GB? OH as well for the person who listed power supplies.. how long will the cheap one last me? cause i dont want it breaking down in 2 months

What type of RAM do you have? If you don't know, download this, install it and run it afterwards, and go to the "memory" tab and tell me what you see in "Frequency".

how did u get that screen tho cause i dled the memory optimizer and it had a configuration button,startup, and about button

oh as well i have a power supply on my very old computer and sumhow its 350 watts so would that be fine or should i really get that like 450?

sk8boarder1414 said:
how did u get that screen tho cause i dled the memory optimizer and it had a configuration button,startup, and about button

oh, I didn't link you to the exact same one I use. But it should work similarly. But bare in mind that this alone will not fix your problem. I still think that you should upgrade to 1 Gb of RAM, get somekind of anti-spyware utility and do a scan, get that new PSU and uninstall and re-install the driver for your card.

As for screenshots, right above the "Insert" button on your keyboard, there should be a button called "Prt Scr" or similar. This is "Print Screen", it'll allow you to take a shot of whatever is being displayed on your monitor except mouse cursor. When you press it, the image will be taken into the clipboard and all you have to do is open up Paint or Photoshop and right-click and paste. Then do whatever editing and save.

edit: try your best not to double post like that, use the edit button to the left instead. I wouldn't reccomend the 350-watt, but, if you really want to, go ahead, I'd still say go for the 450-watt, but I don't think there should be major problems with the 350-watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom