How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC ?

How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VOYO V2 (if it is possible at all) ?
Amazon.com : VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC, Quad Core Intel Atom Z3735F 2GB/32GB eMMC 64GB SSD Desktop Media Player Support Ethernet WIFI BT4.0 with 5000mh Battery Inside : Computers & Accessories

I need to buy it, but, only if i could replace the 64 GB SSD with a 1 TB SSD.

i googled to get an answer, but got some interesting info:
Voyo V2 mini PC Unboxing and Teardown (more info in comments, eg. one reader claims it has a SATA II 3Gb/s Half-Slim SSD)
Review of Voyo V2 Intel Atom Z3735F mini PC with Battery and SSD

also, any suggestions for upgrade, since IDK if anybody sells a 1 TB Half-Slim SSD ?

I have yet to get an answer for this question asked on amazon product page.

Multicore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC ?

The best way to tell is if you're going to tear it apart, do so and check to see what exact form factor it is. I don't think they make a 1TB smaller than 2.5".

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC ?

This thorough review states that the WiFi was very slow (1.08 MBps).
Also, in view of the impossibility of SSD upgrade, i would not be buying it.
Seems like i will have to wait for a better product, since it is impossible to build one like VOYO V2 by oneself.

Do you know of any other product with <battery+similar-physical-dimensions+WiFi+SSD>, whose SSD could be upgraded ?
I intend to run it in headless state almost all of the time & access it remotely, eg. via Team Viewer.

Thanks PP.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

No I do not besides possibly a GIgabyte Brix or Intel NUC. You could upgrade the wifi in that device or put a better antenna on it.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Hmm... i maybe able to upgrade the antenna, but not the SSD.
Also i searched for adding a battery inside a NUC, but found none.
I think, i will have to wait for a better product, since i can't build one (with internal battery+similar-physical-dimensions+ 10MBps WiFi+1TB SSD).
Although it would be a really challenging & interesting build, if possible.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

BTW, what are the physically smallest form factors for an SSD with a capacity of about 1TB ?
Old 12-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Build Guru

2.5" standard SATA or mSATA.

Access to my Plex PM me.