How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC ?

Multicore

In Runtime
How can i replace the SSD with a higher capacity one, on VOYO V2 (if it is possible at all) ?
Amazon.com : VENSMILE VOYO V2 Windows 10 Mini PC, Quad Core Intel Atom Z3735F 2GB/32GB eMMC 64GB SSD Desktop Media Player Support Ethernet WIFI BT4.0 with 5000mh Battery Inside : Computers & Accessories

I need to buy it, but, only if i could replace the 64 GB SSD with a 1 TB SSD.

i googled to get an answer, but got some interesting info:
Voyo V2 mini PC Unboxing and Teardown (more info in comments, eg. one reader claims it has a SATA II 3Gb/s Half-Slim SSD)
Review of Voyo V2 Intel Atom Z3735F mini PC with Battery and SSD

also, any suggestions for upgrade, since IDK if anybody sells a 1 TB Half-Slim SSD ?

I have yet to get an answer for this question asked on amazon product page.

The best way to tell is if you're going to tear it apart, do so and check to see what exact form factor it is. I don't think they make a 1TB smaller than 2.5".

This thorough review states that the WiFi was very slow (1.08 MBps).
Also, in view of the impossibility of SSD upgrade, i would not be buying it.
Seems like i will have to wait for a better product, since it is impossible to build one like VOYO V2 by oneself.

Do you know of any other product with <battery+similar-physical-dimensions+WiFi+SSD>, whose SSD could be upgraded ?
I intend to run it in headless state almost all of the time & access it remotely, eg. via Team Viewer.

Thanks PP.

Hmm... i maybe able to upgrade the antenna, but not the SSD.
Also i searched for adding a battery inside a NUC, but found none.
I think, i will have to wait for a better product, since i can't build one (with internal battery+similar-physical-dimensions+ 10MBps WiFi+1TB SSD).
Although it would be a really challenging & interesting build, if possible.

BTW, what are the physically smallest form factors for an SSD with a capacity of about 1TB ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom