How can I get my old desktop to run faster and be able to play games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IG_RJ

Beta member
I'm on a really low budget and my laptop w/ low specs already is starting to fail. I have a 10 year old desktop computer that we paid 1,200 for 10 years ago and it still runs pretty good but it's specs are low too. I'm not sure the exact model but I have like 256 mb of ram 2.56 gh/z processor. Is there anyway that I can make this computer be able to play games like call of duty 4, world of warcraft, starcraft etc. with no lag even if it's on the lowest setting for under 250$? Thanks, sorry I'm kind of a newbie to these things

you really are better off to buy something a bit newer than trying to upgrade something that old. you might be able to play sc2 with it, but that might be pushing it. save your money and for $5-600 you can put something together that will max the games listed above, and some newer ones as well.

you really are better off to buy something a bit newer than trying to upgrade something that old. you might be able to play sc2 with it, but that might be pushing it. save your money and for $5-600 you can put something together that will max the games listed above, and some newer ones as well.
+1 to all that. Definitely agreed SC2 is pushing it.

it might be pushing it too far. on 2nd thought, i have a 5 year old laptop that can barely play it with everything on minimum. maybe with some sort of video card?

it would play the original fine.

Yeah my old computer has 2gb of ram and a dual core processor and BARELY runs call of duty 4, runs everything else fine (on minimum settings of course) but the problem is I have to find a copy of vista to put on it cause my XP dvd isn't compatible with my hardware :/

Yeah my old computer has 2gb of ram and a dual core processor and BARELY runs call of duty 4, runs everything else fine (on minimum settings of course) but the problem is I have to find a copy of vista to put on it cause my XP dvd isn't compatible with my hardware :/
Chances are it's your video card then, 2GB and a dual-core is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom