Hoping to find my bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

broctune

Beta member
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and to computer upgrading and I was hoping for some help. I purchased a computer and I was wondering what the best way to sink some money into it would be. These are my specs.

HP Pavilion a6150e PC
-
Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 4400+ dual-core - 2.3GHz
- 2GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024)
- 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS, DVI-I, TV-out, VGA
- 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN PCI Card
- 400GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
- ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner, remot

Any idea what i can do to make this thing awesome? I also have a 24 inch acer lcd monitor and I want to make the best of it. What is keeping this computer from being competent. I want to be able to download youtube videos at lightening speeds and I want videos to look their best. Any suggestions?

i could spend up to 200. though im not against spending more than that. I dont really game much but I like RTS. I would say that i want things to be smooth more for downloading/buffering video and clarity while watching video. Is my processor just kinda crappy? Thanks for the reply by the way I really appreciate it.

The processor is decent at best..

If you have $200, I'd spent it on this:

X2 7750+ Black Edition (double check to see if your board supports)
HD 4670

What should i know about my motherboard? how do i know if it will be able to handle this?

how difficult is it to make a switch of something like that. would i need any sort of solder or something? Thanks again i appreciate it.

Looking online I don't think the 6150's supports X2 7750...

But a switch like that is pretty easy, just remove the cooler and switcht he CPU's (There's a lever you lift, pull the cap, and you can pop out the CPU.. then switch it, put hte Cap back on, push the lever down, put Thermal Paste and throw the cooler back on

alright cool i will try to find something comparable. taht thing looks like a great buy.

my motherboard is currently this sucker

Motherboard (system board) Narra2 GL8E - This is a micro-ATX form factor, Asus M2N68-LA, Socket AM2 (Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 with Dual-Core and Sempron) CPU supported

Hmmm, sorry to spam this board like this but if i got this processor would i see a dramatic increase in performance?

Athlon 64 X2 Dc 5200+ AM2 2.7GHZ 1MB 65NM 65W 2000MHZ Pib

there would be a good increse in gaming. for the graphics card get something along the lines of a GTS250 or a 4850, whichever you can get cheaper and also get a good PSU for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom