Home Theater Tie-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big00wig

Solid State Member
Hello. I am trying to make my system so that my sound will come out of my home theater system. I currenly have my video hooked up to my TV - Its odd having the sound still come from the computer and really takes the fun effect away. I would like to be able to take advantage of the 5.1 surround sound. I'm assuming I'm going to need to buy a new sound card, I just don't know what one.

Thanks a lot.

Depending on the motherboard it should have audio output. I just ordered all the parts for my home theatre pc yesterday and im using my old p35-ds3r board which has digital/optical outputs that i can go straight to my reciever with. If your board doesnt have these outputs you will probably have to get a sound card that has it to get the full 5.1.

I'm using Asus "m2n-32 sli-delux" mobo and I have a cheap Creative 5.1 card (cost like $25 but sounds way better than intigrated) I guess my question now is how does it hook up? What kind of wire do I run to the reciever to take advantage of the 5.1?

Your board does infact have 7.1 surround sound on the board and has both the digital (coax) and digital (optical) outputs on the board. Just buy yourself either a digital audio cable in whatever flavor your reciever accepts.

That would work, altough I have never had luck with the on board sound with this motherboard.. The drivers seem to have issues thats why I just bought a differant card. Can you suggest a good Sound Card I should get as an alternative to on board?

your onboard sound wont work on that board mine doesnt either just buy a creative sound card that has digital coax or optical out on it. just go to creative.com and look at their models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom