Status
Not open for further replies.

Xearoveg

Beta member
memory

i have a ASUS K8N4-E DELUXE Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce4 4X ATX AMD Motherboard

Number of DDR Slots: 3x 184pin DDR

DDR Standard: DDR 400 (PC 3200)

i have: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

i have 1 slot left open can i just put anything in there? like a

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory

same thing but 1 gig stick instead of 2x 512

i had at one point 3 working of the 2x 512 i mentioned above, i tried putting all 3 in and it only read 1 gig. will this read it as 2 gig?

The board should register the RAM as there if it is good... the board should support a max of 3 GB of RAM. If you have a bad stick, it could be that it won't increase the available RAM.

Memory upgrade

EDIT: whoops i somehow posted a new thread instead of replying to my first thread.

i have a ASUS K8N4-E DELUXE Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce4 4X ATX AMD Motherboard

Number of DDR Slots: 3x 184pin DDR

DDR Standard: DDR 400 (PC 3200)

i have: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

i have 1 slot left open can i just put anything in there? like a

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory

same thing but 1 gig stick instead of 2x 512

i had at one point 3 working of the 2x 512 i mentioned above, i tried putting all 3 in and it only read 1 gig. will this read it as 2 gig?

^^^ FIRST POST ^^^

all 3 ram sticks worked i tried 2 at a time with each ones, dunno why i couldnt put in 3 corsair value select 512 at the same time.

anyway what would you recommend if i were to upgrade to dual channel 2 gig (2x 1gig).

i was looking around in newegg and i seem to like

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

anything 200 or under is great, just need some high performance ram.

1) thing you could just ask a mod to delete this thread and you can post in the real there located here

http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=111802

2) S754 doesnt accept dual channel so it would be pointless for him to upgrade to 2*1GB as he could just save money and buy another GB stick so he would have 2GB of ram saving money.

and finally, make sure that post a reply is to the right, and post a topic is to the left. Or you could just use teh quick reply as im doing right now :classic:

i decided i didnt want to buy more value select that i want to upgrade in performance instead of more ram. so im gonna give my 2x 512 value select to my brother and buy 2 1 gig sticks of corsair xms.

i know its not dual channel Mobo but i like buying dual channel memory in case i upgrade mobo to a 939. since dual channel memory works in non dual channel mobos because theirs really no such thing as Dual channel memory their just designed to work better in dual channel mobos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom