hi im new here and i was just wondering if this things are compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
pure gaming with this i wont have to worry about upgrading any time soon.Still i don't know whats a good PSU for this and the CD drive which has to work for windows 7 if anyone can help with this two would be great ty.

As Paton said, the 2500k tops any AMD CPU in gaming right now. Also, 16GB is serious overkill for gaming, the most I've ever seen even recommended is 4GB.

Here is a comparable i5 2500k build for $1,489 (before shipping/rebates/combos), only $159 more than your current build before you even have a PSU and CD Drive. Add the PSU and ODD I used in this build to the AMD build and its actually cheaper to go Intel.

CPU: $220 Intel i5 2500k.
MB: $170 Asus P8P67 Pro (REV 3.1).
GPU: $490 EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked.
RAM: $70 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS8.
HD: $80 1TB WD Caviar Black.
SSD: $135 60GB OCZ Vertex 3.
PSU: $150 Corsair HX750.
ODD: $19 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD Burner.
Case: $155 Antec DF-85.

So for less $ you get a faster gaming CPU, a complete build, and a smaller hard drive with an SSD added. You can drop the SSD and get a 2TB if you anticipate needing all that space.
Before you buy a 1-2TB drive I'd make sure you actually need the space by checking how much you're currently using. If its less than 500GB you may just be throwing $ away on a drive you'll never fully utilize.

*Edit - Also assume you'll need Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit regardless of what build you go with.

alright cool thanks if u come up with something better put it in here and if u are wondering my budget is like in the 3000 dollar range so yea i got a good amount of choices im also planing on buying liquid cooling an extra fan and do u need anything specific to build ur pc urself i heard that ur body electricity can damage ur components or something like that if u have any ideas for the liquid cooling or extra fan post it here plz.

If you want you can get a Anti-static wrist strap for $5 if you're worried about it. Think most people just regularly ground themselves on the case during the build though.

Here's a link to the water cooling 101 in-depth guide on the forum. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking it probably isn't necessary, though you could get a closed-loop just for the CPU ($92 Corsair H80). For the extra fan I'd probably go with a Scythe Slipstream or Nexus Basic, unless you want a red LED to match the others.

The build above is essentially complete, if you're just looking to burn some budget you could upgrade to:
$195 120GB OCZ Agility 3.
$160 SeaSonic X 750.
$180 Cooler Master HAF X (blue or red).
$110 2x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS7.
-or- $120 2x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS6.

If you really want to burn budget, double up on the video cards and get an OCZ ZX 1000w.

*Edit - Put upgrades in order of personal desirability.

alright i think the tower previously posted has more cooling capability with more fans and that 120gb ocz agility 3 has a couple of bad reviews o and also can i really do that put two totally different types of ram in the same PC?

1) If you fill all of the fan spots in both cases, you end up with more millimeters of fan in the HAF X than the DF-85 (1170 v 1000). The HAF X also has a front air duct that directs air over the graphics card, as well as a fan mount on the graphic card supporter, keeping one of the build's hottest components cool.
That being said, cases are personal preference. From reviews I've read the two perform quite similarly, if you like the looks of the DF-85 better, go for it.

2) Yeah the OCZ Agility 3 has some bad reviews, they also have quite a few reviews. When you sell as many SSDs as OCZ occasionally you make a lemon. The 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 is 4/5 instead of 3/5, but slightly more expensive and faster. General consensus is that OCZ is currently king of the castle when it comes to SSDs.

3) Not sure what you mean about different types of RAM. I'm suggesting 8GB of RAM, either the 8GB CAS8 kit in the first suggestion -or- 2 sets of the 4GB CAS7 RAM -or- 2 sets of the 4GB CAS6. At no point did I suggest mix-and-matching them, although you certainly can, they will just default to the slowest RAM that is currently plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom