heya people thinking about a new graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
hey people my current card is **** now and need to upgrade. im not into pc gaming anymore but i do have to use second life for college so just want a good card - not mad great. anyways i seen one of these going cheap: Galaxy Glacier GeForce 6 6800GT, (256 MB) and as i know nothing about graphics cards was wondering if you's could tell me if it will be any good.

Thanks for any help

hey people my current card is **** now and need to upgrade. im not into pc gaming anymore but i do have to use second life for college so just want a good card - not mad great. anyways i seen one of these going cheap: Galaxy Glacier GeForce 6 6800GT, (256 MB) and as i know nothing about graphics cards was wondering if you's could tell me if it will be any good.

Thanks for any help

That card is actually well balanced for that system- not a bottleneck, and not really bottlenecked. It will not work for heavy gaming, but seeing as though you will not be doing that, it will be alright.

Before you buy it though, can you please tell us the specs of your power supply?

thanks man, i have changed things on my system i have forgotten to change on my sig, i'll do it now

oh sorry only speed read the OP. That computer is fine for you, if you want you could replace the cpu for a dual core to give you a general boost and maybe an extra gig of ram if offered. try The Freecycle Network and join the group in your area, in my area you get quite a lot of computers offered and as people have no idea about them you can probably go and take a few sticks of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom