HEY!!! umm.. Motherboard/AMD Processor specs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordkurai

Baseband Member
__Hey, I was wonderin if anyone could help me out by lettin me know a lil bit about.... lessay, comparisons of (hope this isn't confusing! ^^!!) "Extreme vs. Excelent vs. great vs. decent vs. bad.... processors and motherboards.

<*Note*>
I'm looking for understanding the mega hertz and things and--umm-- what numbers are good numbers basically.

__I'm building a custom desktop!! ^^!!! I have my Graphics card picked out but thats mostly it. i'm looking for an alright but cheap processor and mother boards...

__Sorry I am great with most things but when it comes to the certain parts of the computer i'm no good :(... (I'm great at Video/Graphics cards, RAM and... okay that's it... anyone can help!?!?

Welcome to the forum.

In the current market, there are two companies for processors: Intel and AMD. They each had their ups and downs. When Intel introduced the P4, people went crazy. Then in the past years, AMD made a comeback with their line of cheap fast running processors. As of today and this year, Intel is in the lead for the best gaming power-to-price processor.

Intel has the Intel Core 2 Duos and Core 2 Quads. Both of these are the dominating processors in their respective markets. Some AMDs might also be good for their price, but we are trying to concentrate on the Intels now, as this is what the forums is recommending.

Nowadays, megahertz and gigahertzs are not the deciding factor for speed anymore. This was true back when Pentiums were popular. Now people compare processor based on overall performance, real world use, and benchmarks.

You said that you are in the market for a new computer. The most important things when making a computer is know your budget. Whats your? Also, what graphics card and RAM did you pick out.

You can post your expectations, uses for the computer, and your budget for this build and the forum can make you a kickass computer.

UMM.... I don't want much, just something with enough memory to run me a real game since my laptop has only 32 mb of video RAM and 512 mb of normal ram. (The graphic card is an old ge force go 4! ^^! XP!!!) I was thinking of this graphics card...:

EVGA GeForce 7300 GT / 256MB GDDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card

and actually i only have like 100$s a month so... no good for me to get good computer :(. Hahaha! I don't game too much anyway. too much schoolwork!

UMM.... I don't want much, just something with enough memory to run me a real game since my laptop has only 32 mb of video RAM and 512 mb of normal ram. (The graphic card is an old ge force go 4! ^^! XP!!!) I was thinking of this graphics card...:

EVGA GeForce 7300 GT / 256MB GDDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card

and actually i only have like 100$s a month so... no good for me to get good computer :(. Hahaha! I don't game too much anyway. too much schoolwork!

I want a mother board and processor that would run me... morrowind without lag... and martial heroes online.... all crummy games but hey! i have no money yet! what else could i say! lol ^^!! smaller graphics card might be alright i guess but i don't know, grrrr...

well those games don't matter about the motherboard and cpu those games are decided by the gfx card. buying a motherboard and cpu won't give you a large performance difference. What are your current specs?

OH! nonononono... lol. i mean, the computer i have now is a laptop, i want a desktop so i wanted to know about the specs of a good desktop computer that can run those well.. lol ^^! srry for being confusing. heheh... umm. heres my laptop....:

Manu: HP
SYS MOD: Pavilion zv5200
PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon (tm) XP Processor 3000+, MMX, 3d Now, ~790MHz
Memory: 510mb RAM
Vid card: NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom