Not open for further replies.

SDtbawab6634n63

Baseband Member
Hi...

Today I bought the following:

AMD athlon 64 (venice core) 3000+
Gigabyte K8n-SLI mobo
6600gt 128 mb

When I brought it home, i found that my existing case only had 250 watt max...gay right??

Well, I'm looking at buying a case now, and since I have an SLI mobo, I was wondering how many watts I should have.

I'm looking at this $95 case and PSU, the PSU is 430 watts...is this enough? I will upgrade it in a few years if I get like a 7900 or w/e is there in a few years...

O and btw, can u SLI 2 different card together? or is it just 2 of the same?

SDtbawab6634n63 said:
Hi...

Today I bought the following:

AMD athlon 64 (venice core) 3000+
Gigabyte K8n-SLI mobo
6600gt 128 mb

When I brought it home, i found that my existing case only had 250 watt max...gay right??

Well, I'm looking at buying a case now, and since I have an SLI mobo, I was wondering how many watts I should have.

I'm looking at this $95 case and PSU, the PSU is 430 watts...is this enough? I will upgrade it in a few years if I get like a 7900 or w/e is there in a few years...

O and btw, can u SLI 2 different card together? or is it just 2 of the same?

alright dude! first, i wouldnt reccomend you buy a case+psu. you should by them both seperatley. and what kind of case do you want? full tower, mid tower,, ect. and for your BTW question, they have to be exactly the same. 430W wouldnt be enough for a 7900, go with a 520W+ PSU

thanks...and about the case and stuff, it's a mid...im not sure? Do you think it will fit my mobo? And why should I buy seperatly? It's goot case and good PSU, and if i buy seperate it'll b about $160, so im not doing that...

My original question was will 430 watt b enough? its 10 watt over recommended for for an SLI 6600gt's...

And wen u said exactly the same, do you mean the ammount of ddr memory on the card 2?

Re: Re: Hey is this a good idea?

GuitarFreak1857 said:
430W wouldnt be enough for a 7900, go with a 520W+ PSU

yea i did say that :D. and as that mobo is ATX it should fit in any ATX mid or full tower :D. the PSU's that come with cases are usually not the greatest quality that's why i reccomend spending the extra money. and you say its 10 watt over reccomend for an SLI 6600GTs? ok well, think about the future here, and if you are going to buy two 6600gts you might as well get something better. like the 7900gt. does your mobo have PCI-E?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130282

yes, pci-e. Well, its a thermaltank PSU, as I said, it's quite good quality with a mambo case...which can have fans added.

It's going to cost too much to buy seperatly, so I must just stick with it untilI upgrade, which may be a few years since I can up my processor, RAM and add another gfx card beofre I'll need to upgrade the PSU anyway.

So wouldn't it be the most cost effective and quality for my situation? Cause that's my view.

Thermaltake Mambo Tower Case with Silent 430Watt Thermaltake Power Supply $95 “HOT” “In Stock”

U mean this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom