gamerx111

Solid State Member
current specs are
gpu geforce gtx 650 ti
cpu amd fx 6100 six core processor
1tb
mb m5a99x evo r2.0
Cooler master haf xb Computer Case
Im in need of suggestions on new parts compatible whit the MB or if I should just trash all parts and start a new pc whit your help. im new to building pc's
oh and the pc is for gaming.

Because depending on what games you're trying to play, the 650ti can't handle it very well. It's a decent budget card, but not really meant for hardcore gaming.

I suggest upgrading to an eVGA GTX760 and an FX8350.

Because depending on what games you're trying to play, the 650ti can't handle it very well. It's a decent budget card, but not really meant for hardcore gaming.

I suggest upgrading to an eVGA GTX760 and an FX8350.
hey I got the stuff you told me to get but im having a problem with the gtx760 card it has a 6 pin and a 8pin I was able to connect the 8pin one but the 6pin still needs a extra cable? am I able to run it whit just a 8pin connected to the power supply?

You said earlier that you have a CM Silent Pro 1000, which has 6 6+2 PCI-E power connectors. You shouldn't need any adapter like the one you're linking.

In other words, it has 6 of these. 2 of which are needed for the video card. For the 6 pin, just undo the extra 2 and plug it in.

pcie6plus2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom