Help with upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but if I would buy like a very expensive card, won't it be limited because of my slot?

For example (just random numbers) if the card processes 6gb/sec but a 1.0 slot only does 4.0gb/sec, won't it be smarter to buy a lower card, or isn't this the case?

No card on the market will completely saturate the PCI-E lane(s). You are completely safe buying a 2.0 or 2.1 card when you have a 1.0 slot as it is still a x16 lane.

OK thats nice :), I have selected atleast these three items to buy and upgrade my PC with;

-Kingston Geheugen DDR2 2GB @ Value DDR2,800-2G Product Details bij Mycom
-CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V TX650W Product Details bij Mycom
-ATI Radeon HD5770 ATI Radeon HD5770 VaporX,1GB Product Details bij Mycom

Would those fit into my case (the site/shop I'm buying them on is dutch but fyi specifications=specificaties, you should be able to figure out what it says there if not just ask) and be compatible with my machine (mainly the PSU is my concern here)?

Would it be needed to upgrade my processor to, or is my current processor fast enough to keep on track with the GPU?

The 5770 is a stubby card, so you should have no problems getting it in your case. ;)

Your case is not a small form factor, so the standard ATX PSU should fit just fine.

And a Q6600 should work out perfectly with the 5770.

Well thanks a lot for the help :), then that's what I'm going to buy. I'll definitly stick around on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom