Help! Upgrading or buying new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeye

Baseband Member
$600-$700 computer upgrade, HELP

I play online games a lot, pretty much the most intensive thing i do on my computer. I want to either upgrade my comp for about 700 bucks, or get a whole new computer.

The thing is, my motherboard, while 64 bit or whatever, is still outdated because its 754 pinn, i think thats how i understood it anyway.. (im very computer stupid)....

Here is my current computer.

AMD K8V-SE DELUX motherboard
3x 512mb DDR400 ram
Radeon X800 256MB video card
450watt power supply (fairly new but i understand its probably inadequate)
250gb 7200rpm harddrive

i think thats all the information you need...

So, for about 700 bucks (please no higher) , what is the BEST possible computer i could build, taking parts from my old comp as well?

I dont need a supercomputer, i dont forsee playing any increditbly graphics intensive games in the next couple years, what i play now is everquest2, some random flying sims etc....

Thanks

EDIT: i have a dvd drive and cd/rw or whatever from my old computer, as well as a full sized tower that should function appropriately, i also dont need any peripherals.
Also, i would want to set myself up to overclock and do all the tweaking that techies do (i've never done it and have no idea how, but i do know some pc hardware is better at overclocking and tweaking than other stuff)

i can do more than that if i need, probably like 600 before shipping for sure, and i have a tower already, and a 450 watt power supply that is still on warranty...

that looks nice man, really along the lines of what i was thinking, but one thing though.. my friend told me to get a really good psu, like 600 watts +... woudl the 500W one you linked serve me well?

Thanks for the advice, that all looks good.

also, my budget isnt STRICT, so if a small upgrade here and there would make a big diff, dont hesiate to suggest it

If you budget isn't that restricted, then why not build a whole new system and then clean up your old one and sell it for a couple 100... Someone is always looking for a cheap puter and then you know you have alll new parts that won't crap out on your... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom