Help Tv Or Monitor.... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Re: Help Tv Or Monitor....

How about the FEATURES that one has over the other. So is the Max Resolution for a tv better than a MONITOR. also I've NOTICED that the TV have HDMI ports..For pic quality????.Like a Monitor has a Memory card reader,USB hub,DVI-D and Analog signal inputs.For an example So far the DELL UltraSharp 2407WFP is comparable to the same size TV in price I've been looking at.The Dell 2407 along with some other monitors has 2downstream USB 2.0 ports,and a 9 in 2 media card reader,plus 2 more USB 2.0ports.??what that means I have know clue.. but I'm takeing that a TV doesn't...Info is VERY appreciated from a NEWBIE....So are their VITAL features the Monitor will have that the TV won't.etc ...thanks...

Old 05-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Help Tv Or Monitor....

Originally Posted by Vormund View Post
My personal opinion: avoid wide-screen monitors. I had a dual-screen setup, which might've led to my hatred, but it was just annoying. So annoying in fact, that I sold it to buy another standard screen... I also did zero investigating into this, but keep an eye on dimensions/ratios compared to that of movies, I know they vary and black lines are just wasted screen!

Any monitor though, with a tuner card for your PC, will work excellent for your needs.

PS: Don't look for a USB hub in your monitor...
Widescreen is the way to go. You may not like them for some reason, but they do show an overall larger picture and therefore eliminate the need for having two 4:3 aspect monitors, just by getting a larger sized widescreen.

To the op, heres a nice screen that wont break the bank, and no its no a crappy monitor and dont let others tell you otherwise, i have a 19" one myself. - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

3DMARK06 = 20,341 (3.8GHZ)

P7350 | GTX 260M | 4GB DDR2 800 | 320GB HD | X-Fi | Vista 64

Folding Rig/File Server

M775 | E1200 | Foxconn P9657AB
| Dual 8800GT | Antec NeoHE 500 | Barracuda 80GB | Wintec Ampx

Old 05-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Help Tv Or Monitor....

And also wide-screen, fits our view more naturally. Our eyes, look at things, at a wide perspective.

Closed Thread