Help with studio PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
Hey guys. I recently started playing guitar, which led to playing it alot, which led to forming a band, which led to dreaming about making a basement recording studio, etc. (You know how it is :wink: ) Anyways, seeing as my desktop is on a different floor level and not portable, I was planning on building a dedicated studio pc in my basement to record, process, and edit music. It would need such accessories as a MIDI controller and high-quality sound (obviously). Other than that, I'm new to studio and music production, so I don't really know what I need.

In terms of usage, I don't plan on doing anything that does not have to do with recording, and I don't even plan on using it for internet. So onboard graphics, 32-bit software, and any other way I can skimp will be utilized. I'm on a really tight budget here, so the extras like triple-core processors etc. can be skipped, especially if it allows me to upgrade the sound card.

Any suggestions, build proposals, estimates, or just general help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom