Help SSD Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbiter

In Runtime
Requesting help/current step-by-step guide on how to put Windows 7 64-bit on a SSD when it is currently on a HDD. Every guide I researched contains a different procedure. Would like to know the best way to go about this so I can have Windows 7 64-bit and a couple of games on the SSD and the rest on a HDD. Also how to transfer all necessary drivers, etc. if possible.

SSD: Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Mobo: Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Requesting help/current step-by-step guide on how to put Windows 7 64-bit on a SSD when it is currently on a HDD. Every guide I researched contains a different procedure. Would like to know the best way to go about this so I can have Windows 7 64-bit and a couple of games on the SSD and the rest on a HDD. Also how to transfer all necessary drivers, etc. if possible.

SSD: Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Mobo: Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Generally the best option for a SSD is always a clean install unless you absolutely have to keep your current installation. The reason for this is most of the drive cloning software out there does not correctly align data on a SSD resulting in very poor performance.

Acronis Trueimage says it supports SSDs so if you do chose to clone your drive I would use it. They have a free tril available that should work for what you need.

This guide should be useful if you want most of your stuff installed to the HDD

http://www.techist.com/forums/f127/redirecting-program-files-program-files-x86-vista-win7-245289/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom