Help In Selection Of Graphic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

SINGH

Solid State Member
Hi Everyone..

THis Is My First Thread On TEch Forums Hope It Is Write Section For Posting The Thread..

First Off All...I Want To Say That...Today I Decide To Buy A Graphic Card For My Pc Because I Want To Play GTA IV And Other GAmes Which Need A Graphic Card.

Here IS My Mother Borad Details:-

1. I Have
ASUS P5G41T-M LX Motherboard

2. Here Is Pic Of My Mobo PCI Details:-

5192012104315pm.png

Now I Will Share With You Graphics Card Which I Want To Buy

I Need Only 1 Card And I Confuse About To Select Which Is Best I Have 3 Option

1.Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card.
2.Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card.
3.Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card.

520201251949pm.png

520201252013pm.png

Main Problems:-

1. I Dont Have Knowlage About PCI Version.I Have Fear About These Graphic Card Is That If I Buy A Card And My Mother Borad Did Not Support It.Then My Pocket Money Is Totaly Waste.

2.Which One Is Best If I Buy DDR3 Graphic Card Then Which One Is Better 1GB Or 2GB.Because
1GB DDR3 Has 810MHZEngine Clock And 2GB DDR3 Has 700MHZ Engine Clock.

3.If I Buy A DDR5 Card.Because There Is Very Small Price Deferance In DDR3 And DDR5 Graphic Card.Then Is It Support My Mobo(Mother Board).

4. If I Buy DDR3 Card Is My Mother Board Support This Graphic Card...

1. Any of those three will work with your motherboard.

2. You can't compare clock speeds of different generation chips. The GHz war has been over for a long time but we still tend to look at the speeds listed to compare. Sadly it does not work out, just like comparing clock speeds of Intel and AMD chips do not show you anything. Of the two 520's the 1GB card will be faster (higher clock speed on the same chip).

3. Your motherboard will support any speed GDDR as it is run by the graphics card and not the motherboard. Think of the GPU as another CPU that only handles graphics, and the graphics card as its motherboard.

4. Yes.

Now, with all that said, all three cards are low to mid range cards. The good part is that they are recent cards and will be able to play these games; they won't max them out but they should run them on lower settings.

Between the three I would go with the 440. The 440 is slightly more powerfull than the 520, it has GDDR5, and it has an active cooler (heatsink with fan).

All the 3 graphic cards will work. I would suggest you to go for the Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1GB GDDRS Graphics Card which will be useful for large game applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom