Help Please Sum1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver23

Solid State Member
Hey I am just about to upgrade my Grpahics card I have this coputer >> advent 3112 http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/3112.htm

I have just brought a GEFORCE 5500 256mb and I am wondering 2 things the first is that my AGP is onky 4x and the card is 8x the geforce website says it should do but wuold just liek some confermation.
the second thing is I would like to know how to uninstall the card already being used on this system because it ame pre installed and the most I have doen with a PC is open it up and add some memory.

Any help would be great :p

When you turn the computer on press esc (different sometimes) at the first menu and this will take you to the bios. I dont know what all the menus are but in there is the onboard gfx settings. and all you need to do is set that to disables not abled. Then put in your gfx card.

Nice one mate thanks a lot I thought it would be somthing like that :rolleyes: honestly :D ..

One more thing will the AGP slot have anything in it already ( like the graphics card already installed) . The system is the same as when it was brought nothing has been added. so it should be shouldn't it?

No there wont be a card in there the one u have is on board graphics card so once thats disabled you can put it in and your pc will detect it. Then update all the drivers for it when you get to your desktop

Thanks a lot guys I really need to get my PC knowledge up to scratch. Thanks to all who replied by the sound of it the card will work (I cant hack this 64mb ps1 looking graphics) so thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom