HELP please!!! CD Drive related, not got a clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasross20

Beta member
Hi, I posted this on another forum:

OK, so I downloaded the Toneport 2 test software for my computer. It meets all specs except for the CD drive! Mine is a COMBI RW16x10/DVD (not a dvd re-write, though)..

The requirement is that the driver(s) shoule all be in DMA mode, but mine are in PIO mode.... Does ANYBODY know what this means? Can I download software to fix this and then put it on my computer? (Remember, I don't have the internet at home, so can't do an online fix).. Or do I have to get a brand new CD drive? Sad

My RAM just meets the specs...512Mb... I hope that'll be alright and that it'll run well.

I may post this on the computer music forum/any other computer forum also.

Thanks for your help!

Please can anybody help? I have no clue whatsoever as to how to fix this...

THANKYOU!

OH DEAR

well i think that you can change it in the bios well u can on my machine so have a look o[n there let me know if u have any luck

I'm not too familiar with the BIOS, but I believe you can change it through menus on the desktop...

Also, do you know how to prevent it from changing back to PIO if it encounters problems? I've heard that it could change back almost permanently and would rather not have to deal with it again... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom