Help Please?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucz

Baseband Member
i got all my parts today and aseembled my computer. Worked perfectly for about 2 hrs then blue screen of death then been having problems ever since. i thought it was the drivers so i did system restore then reinstalled to some different drivers. So then it worked fine until i tried installing WOW. then blue screen of death comes out again. whenever this blue screen comes out, it comes out for a split second then the system reboots so i can't eve read what's wrong with it. Then, i try doing a fresh install of windows and it says that vga.sys is corrupt and windows won't even install. Would anyone have any idea of what's going on??? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Biostar tforce nvidia sli
corsair value ram 512x2
evga 6600 gt
amd 3200 venice

ok so a bried update. i got the system to boot off the cd, was able to format then as it was copying the files needed to begin installation of windows, the blue screen came back up. i then had to shut it down. i'm guessing i got a bad mobo?

or a bad video card... i'm confused... if it says that the vga.sys is corrupt would that be a video card fault or mobo fault?

You have not said anything about your components. I'm suspecting your power supply. If it is not from a reputable source, it may not be putting out as much power as it says it should.

does your mobo have onboard graphics ??

if so take the 6600GT out and try and boot the computer up...if that works then RMA the 6600GT and if it doesnt it is possibly the mobo

strip the computer down to the bare minimum. cpu ram vid card and hard drive. recheck and reseat all of your componets and power connections. Did your heatsink have thermal pad or did you use something like artic silver? Please let us know the full build especially the power supply to see if you have enough juice.

Ok. So here i go.

Biostar SLI nvidia4 tforce mobo
Corsair value ram 1 gig 512x2
eVGA 128Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
thermaltake 430w psu set at 115v
seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
AMD 64 3200 venice retail (with heatsink and fan) cpu
External CD connected by usb

I'm pretty sure it's not the cpu cuz the temp was a steady 35-40degrees and it was seated properly. The only paste i used was the one that came with the heatsink and fan. I am not overclocking anything so that's not a factor.

So here's the story. I put all the parts together. Booted up for the first time. Posted fine and installed windows xp. That went fine. I installed the drivers that came with the mobo and video card. That went fine. Then everything worked. internet, sound, video. Everything ran fine so i installed world of warcraft. Downloaded all the patches then played that for about 2 hours. through the second hour, my screen just turned blue for a split second with some kind of warning then rebooted. I rebooted in safe mode then checked system info to see what the problem was. Something didn't look right in the sound and video driver department so i did a system restore to when i first booted and reinstalled drivers from evga and biostar's website. Rebooted, then everything seemed to run fine. Then i tried reinstalling wow and after it installed when i tried to play the game, as soon as was about to load, blue screen again. So i decided to do a fresh copy of windows. Booted from cd. First time, during the component checing process, it said VGA.SYS was corrupt and it had to shut down. Rebooted from cd again and tried reinstalling windows. Made it to the part where it says it's copying install files to begin installing windows then blue screen came up again saying something was not "equal to or less than" then at the bottom says USB PORT something...

Then i posted here. So sorry for this annoyance but does anyone have any ideas??

i made sure everything was seated properly by the way so i'm sure it's not that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom