Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrain9954

Solid State Member
Ok I am in desperate need of a new computer, I do not want to My requirements are:

Processor: 2.5 - 3 Ghz(Pref. Intel Core 2 duo)

250 G Hard Drive

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or up

1 - 2 G memory

So I need to know the cheapest comp I can get w/ this and all the other components ready to go because I am on a pretty tight budget.

I would like some links to websites and some suggestions

Thank you.

-Andre G (A man in need of help)

it would help if you give us your exact budget so we can work with it. and also what your general use is going to be so we can give you the best parts for you situation.

Okay, I had a really long post here, but I hit x on the tab on accident (FireFox), instead of bringing it into focus.

Anyways, Here's a pretty good cart.

There's 2 sticks of 1GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) RAM, a nice Video Card (according to the fine people here at Tech-Forums.net), Dual-Core E6300 (Do you overclock?), A Motherboard to go with it, Vista Home Premium, a HIPER PSU, A good case, a 250GB Internal Hard Drive, and an IDE Combo Drive to top it off.

It's $75 over-budget, but there's $65 of mail-in rebates after that, so it's only $10 over. I assumed that, after $1000, you could pour in another 1,026 pennies, 205.2 nickels, 102.6 dimes, 41.04 quarters, 20.52 Half-Dollars, or 10.26 Silver-Dollars. I'd go into mixtures, but I think many people would agree I've done enough in calculating what amount of coins you would be handing over, grudgingly or otherwise, to NewEgg (Or UPS, if that is the case)

EDIT: Snow days shouldn't be THAT boring. My parents are gone, with a strict order of watching over my little brother. He wants to play on the other computer, so I'm stuck acting out the part of human calculator. Ugh.

Thanks alot, but I don't have to put it together do I, I don't want to screw it up! It would be perfect but I don't know that I have those extra 1,026 pennies. =D

You're 22, going on 23, years old, right? And you're employed? How hard can it be to rack up an extra $10.26?

Yeah, you'll have to put it together yourself unless you've got a friend that will do it for you. Besides, if you follow the links I'm providing below, everything should be easy! Besides, being able to build a PC is a great life skill (an easy $100 ordering and assembling a friend's PC, no?)

Clicky 1!

Click y 2!

EDIT: If you REALLY can't afford the extra $10.26, you could always go with Vista Home Basic instead of the Vista Home Premium you have. Once you have another $154, you can upgrade to Home Premium. Or you can get the Home Basic, and then wait for $250 to come your way and upgrade to Vista Ultimate. That black case... YEAH.

Hey, I just re-found this topic, and I'm not sure if you're still looking (I assume you are, it's only been two days since you asked...), but if you haven't ordered yet, try out this cart again, because I edited it.

I changed out the 2GB of RAM you had before. It's same amount, same speed, just a different brand. It shaved off close to $100. Your total cost, with shipping, is $944.34. Also, the case that I had on there before was discontinued, so I put in a windowless case. Sorry! It does, however, have a side panel, and you could cut a window into it at some point, if you want.

Also, No hole/fan on top, so if you feel like doing so, you could cut a blow hole on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom