Help with partitions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorinhio

Solid State Member
OK so Im not very good at organizaton and I need some help with a new setup please! I have just reformatted one HDD and bought another:

(1) Maxtor 160GB (SATA)
(2) Western Digital 250GB (SATA)

I wish to install Windows XP and Kubuntu Edgy Eft. I also wish to have seperate partitions for the system files, and the music, games, etc.

1) Where is the best place for the OS partitions? At the beginning of each HDD? Or on the same one?

Also I wish to access the music partition from both Windows and Linux, is a FAT32 formatting the way to go here? Because I've been reading about read/write errors when trying to access from both and I've been getting a bit worried.

Any help wuld be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Use the smaller drive as your boot drive. Give both OS a partition, say 75 each. Use the larger drive for your data and programs.

Not sure about the file format, as I don't use Linux. You may want to ask that in the Linux forum.

Yah. You will have some errors when trying to access a partition with both Windows and Linux... I managed to get it on my laptop, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know why it changes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom