Help with new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schumach5

Beta member
Hi everybody, I'm new here and I would greatly appreciate some help. Right now I use an HP Pavilion notebook (specs in sig.) which I bought before I got into gaming (Quake 4, F.E.A.R., etc.) and such. Although I can already quite decently play titles such as Half Life 2 and Quake 4, I'm not satisfied. When I bought this notebook, I had no idea that you couldn't upgrade laptops (well, not mine anyway). Although gaming is high on my priorities list, it is by far not the only thing I need improvements on, so this is not simply a gaming fanboy post. But anyway, I am an 18 year old student facing graduation, and graduation gifts, and beleive this would be a perfect opportunity to upgrade machines entirely. Facing college, I was originally planning on purchasing an iMac G5 (in leu of the large possibily of majoring in sound engineering). But recently I've been thinking otherwise. Now, I'm fairly new to the computer world, and desperately need advice on the best machine (PC) I can get for in the neighborhood of $1300. Like I said, I'm new at this which can almost certainly rule out the idea of me building my own pc, so I just plan on buying a built machine. If anyone could give me some advice on which brand, model, etc. you prefer over the next, I would be very grateful. I'll answer any questions.

p.s. I truely apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong category, if so don't hesitate to move...

Thanks for the help so far everyone, and yes I would much rather prefer a desktop this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom