Status
Not open for further replies.

alban

Baseband Member
i have an amd phenom 9500 quad core processor at 2.2 ghz
3070mb ram
windows xp home edition
nvidia ge force 8500 gt graphics card
when i opened my computer it said ht2000 on the motherboard not sure what motherboard i have

what i wanna know is can i buy this processor would this be compatible with my pc?
Amazon.com: AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2 GHz 2x512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor - Retail HDZ555WFBGMBOX: Electronics

and also my power supply fan is making terrible noise i need to buy a new power supply would this be compatible with my computer?

Amazon.com: Cooler Master GX Series 750W ATX Power Supply RS750-ACAAE3-US: Electronics

or is there some other power supply that is water cooled and that can last many years that i can buy,and which site offers the cheapest parts,i live in ny and have about 450 bucks to spend

when i open my computer it says ht 2000 mcp61pm-hm rev:2.1 what motherboard is this and is it compatible with the processor i listed up there that i wanna buy

Hey alban,

Was your computer a pre-made computer from a major manufacturer? It might help to be able to identify the board if you give us the company and model of the -whole- computer, not just the writing on the motherboard.

Generally if the computer came from a major manufacturer, it'll only be able to support the CPU's that it was released with, but that is a gross generalization.

Most power supplies are standard ATX, so that one should work just fine for you. If you want a power supply that will last you a long time, you've just got to pony up the cash and purchase one that is high quality - I personally have had good experience with Seasonic, Enermax, and Corsair power supplies - take a look at a few reviews online to help make your choice.

Being in the US, I would say check out newegg.com - I know here in Canada, they offer pretty much the best prices around.

Good luck!

yea it would help to just post up the whole model # of the pc.

also, i think you might've read something wrong somewhere. psu's are not water cooled, just air cooled with fans.

also, what do you currently use your pc for? we could help you find better parts to suit your needs, depending on what they are.

operating system: microsoft windows xp home edition (5.1, Build 2600)
system manufacturer: hp pavilion
system model: kj377aa-aba m8400f
bios: phoenix-awardbios v6.00pg
processor: amd phenom (tm) 9500 quad core processor, mmx,3dnow ( 4 cpus ) 2.2ghz
memory: 3070mb ram
direct x9.0c

my motherboard is one of these ht 2000 hp pin 5189-1660 mcp61pm hm rev 2.1 im not sure what this rev means but thats what mine is its the same one as the one shown here but maybe a few different speeds or features not sure
HP System Board - MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3) HP P/N 5189-1660 (NEW)
ive checked out this motherboard of mine i doubt i can buy a 3ghz amd phenom II x2 555 processor and put it on this older model i think i need to buy a new asus motherboard to get it working, ill also need a good power supply and even a new video card with at least 1gb or memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom