Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hey people I'm have a problem with my computer and was wondering can anyone help?
My graphics card had been on the way out for awhile (fan wasn't always working and that kinda thing) I knew I was going to need a new one soon but thought would wait till it gave up. Anyways one the computer would not power on, power would go through the motherboard for a split second but the computer would not start. I took out the graphics card and the pc wont power up – no screen obviously but there was power. Anyways I got a new card the other day (NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300GT AGP 512M) and put it in. the computer will now start but when it comes past the bios it says a file is missing, I think it says NTL… cant mind the rest of it (not at my computer) It sometimes says files needed are missing or corrupt please insert your installation cd and click repair windows. I have tried booting from cd but after it says loading windows setup files it comes to the same screen saying cant load windows please boot from installation cd? I really cant think want to do here, is it my new card causing the problem or is there something else?

Thanks for any help people

I know this card is not great but I don't play games on my computer, the heaviest graphics task it has to do is just run vista and sometimes play PKR (poker game but that takes nothing)

My initial reaction was that it might be your PSU on the way out. What brand is it? Random comes-with-case or comes-with-prebuilt-computer PSUs are notorious for being problematic.

Can't help with the missing files, but maybe try another PSU to make sure thats not the problem first (although whatever the problem is, the damage has already been done, evidently). If the PSU is screwed, get rid of it quick before it destroys anything else (like your new GPU for instance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom