Not open for further replies.
Pioneer 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe $39.99

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA $84.99

SAPPHIRE 100242L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit $169.99

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 $87.00

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Motherboard $107.99

BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard $89.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA Dual-Core Processor $169.99

Rosewill RFA-120-K 120mm Case Fan $8.98 ($4.49 each)

Antec Three Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Antec earthwatts EA500 500W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply $99.94

Subtotal: $858.86

I was tinkning about ggetting the same biostar weird...
its over my buget because i put 2 motherboards on my list i dont know whihc one is better

Isnt it better to get the antec 300 for 50 then get combo deal for the 500w antec earthwatts for 90 together?
but idk much about hardware so...

Oh and how the designs you made don't have fans? Just curious

Iv'e heard Xp doesnt recognize quads and xp 32-bit doesnt recognize 4GB ram is this TRUE?

xp recgonizes quads and any 32bit os will only use about 3.5 gigs of mem including a videocard
and yes the combo deal is good aswell

I already have a OS :) i want a clean install of windows btw, do u guys have to pay tax? with the tax and shipping, it add an extra 100 and is a 2.2 dual-core good? oh and is building a computer hard? whats better windows 32-bit or 64-bit in terms or windows xp pro sp2

Usually when you buy online, a lot of shipping is free, depending on the product, I think phils build is with tax/shipping included, unless you live in a state that newegg taxes.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Motherboard $107.99

BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard $89.99

I was tinkning about ggetting the same biostar weird...
its over my buget because i put 2 motherboards on my list i dont know whihc one is better

I'd go with the biostar

sorry for double posting.

if it were me i'd spring another 20$ for the gigabyte because it's got a little better chipset. but the biostar will work perfectly

can u replace a processor once its in the motherboard, this computer has to last me for 5 years so i was thinking about upraging the other parts such as video card and memory along the way and is the radeon good? and where are the fans on the other designs?!

of coarse you can change the proc as many times as you want but it has to be compatable with your mobo. fans usually have a general design like the fans on front are intake and fans on back are exaust and top fan(if it has one)is said to be exaust to but i always put it to intake bacause on my mobo the proc hs/fan is almost under the top fan and i set it to intake so it can get fresh cool air from the top of the case.

Quads would generally last longer.

The 4850 is a great card an should last you a while as it's in the top 6 cards available at the moment.

Asus motherboards are good (i have the p5k) but the biostar is a recommend board as it is good for overclocking and other users have had a good experience using them.

Motherboards don't have fans, motherboards are generally cool and usually only the north/south bridge may be equipped with a medicore heatsink which is usually a block of metal. When you buy a CPU it comes with a stock heatstink and fan, also your case will have fans that are already assembled and just need to be powered (and 1 fan will be inbuilt into the psu)

Your build looks pretty good, and will run all games very high (minus crysis which will still run awesomely)

Mobo: Gigabyte DS3L - $85
CPU: Intel E2180 - $70
RAM: G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 - $45 (you save $40)
GPU: Sapphire HD4850 - $180
HDD: WD SATA2 160GB - $42
PSU: FSP 400W - $47
DVD Burner: Lite-On DVD Burner w/ Lightscripe - $30
Case: CM elite - $40
Mouse/Keyboard: Microsoft Comfront Curve w/ mouse - $22
Monitor: Samsung 19" widescreen - $200
Speakers: Logitech X-240 - $36

Total: $907

That's about the best I can do for a mid-range build. I know I didn't get some things you wanted but with your budget it's tough. If you learn to overclock, you can probably get another .5ghz out of that E2180. Maybe even get some AS5 for the stock cooler and maybe get some more juice out of that processor. Also that total doesn't include shipping so you might as well say $1000.

Again your budget is tight but at least you get an idea what it takes to get a decent rig.

hope that helps,
darkop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom