To cut cost you can:
1) Get rid of one of the sets of RAM.
1a) Get rid of both RAM sets and get 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline
2) Ditch the CPU cooler.
3) Ditch the extra case fan.
4) $40 cheaper MB ASRock 970 Extreme4
5) $5 cheaper PSU until 10/19, and $25 rebate OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w
6) $5 cheaper HDD until 10/19, and not recertified 500GB WD Caviar Blue
Also, do you need to figure a copy of Windows 7 into the budget?
I tried shopping this build, and I gotta say $600 is a tough budget for a gaming PC.
Please read through the thread thoroughly before responding.
Nobody wants to read a wall of text, formatting is your friend.
i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X