Help with my computer plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamestar

Baseband Member
Hi, have a newlike computer only a couple weeks old. I have been playing games mmo like lord of the rings online and world of warcraft and my computer still seems to slow or aleast not operating at the speed it should be mostly while playing games. I just wondering what i am missing here? How can improve or make my computer run better? Here are my specs.

CPU AMD CPU Phenom II Quad-Core 965 3.4GHz 6MB 140W Socket AM3 Black Edition
CPU Fan AMD Original AM3 CPU Fan
Motherboard Asus AMD785G Motherboard M4A785TD-V EVO
Memory KINGSTON 4GB DDR3-1333
Hard Drive Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA II
Optical Drive LG 22X DVD RW SATA + Dual Layer
Video: Onboard ATI Radeon HD 4200
Audio 8-Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC
Network Gigabit LAN controllers
Ports 12 USB 2.0 Ports
Case Nikao 2750D Roomy High Quality Case
Power Supply 550 Watt Power Supply

You definitely need a graphics card as everything else is more than enough for those games. Since you have a 55oW PSU, all we need is your available budget to point you to what you can use.

So, i need a new grahics card then huh? My budget for a card would be around $350-$400 usd. The thing i dont get is that a game like lord of the rings online has software in the grapics settings. Where it dectects your systems settings and it says very high from me, but the game still hitchs and lags alot. When I move around, is the 4200 onboard card that bad? that its slowing down my entire computer? Also there is nothing else that could be making these games run slow. I think my cpu and other stuff should be good enough...

So, i need a new grahics card then huh? My budget for a card would be around $350-$400 usd. The thing i dont get is that a game like lord of the rings online has software in the grapics settings. Where it dectects your systems settings and it says very high from me, but the game still hitchs and lags alot. When I move around, is the 4200 onboard card that bad? that its slowing down my entire computer? Also there is nothing else that could be making these games run slow. I think my cpu and other stuff should be good enough...

Yeah, it's pretty much just the fact that you don't have a dedicated graphics card.

With your budget you should be looking at a 5850 or a 5870.

i was also also looking at XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5 PCIE Graphics Card what do think about this card compared to others?

You said $350-$400 but now your asking about a $175 card. I think the 5770 will be adequate for now, but spending the extra for a 5850 or 5870 now will keep you from complaining when the next super cool game comes out and your no longer playing at the highest settings. It sucks to play at 1680x1050 when your use to playing at 1900x1200. I think you'd be amazed at the speed improvement you'd see with a 5870. And I don't just mean Gaming :D

Hey, just because my budget is $350-$400 that doesnt mean i have to spend the full amount :omg: but, I am probly gonna get the 5850 black edition good choice? or do you have any other cards in mind that might be better? Also i dont really play in high res yet, guess im just not use to it. The letters are so small and i cant even read anything.

5850 sounds good, just not the black edition. if you can, find just the regular version because they like to charge something like $50 more for a small OC that you can do yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom