Help me on Upgrading, I am Clueless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait untill the 22nd at least to build it and you can build a nice C2D for 700. Or you may even still want to go X2 if the prices are as cheap as they are going to be...

You link doesn't work :( it just gives me a blank screen set because its cookie based from your account.

Please give me the link individually I really wanna SEE!!!! :laughing: lol

Whats happening the 22nd? A sale of some sort?

EDIT: You can make it a PUBLIC WISHLIST so I can view it. tell me what you name it.

The FSP is a good choice however 500w really isn't needed. Just get the 400w version. I have been hearing very good things about this PSU for the money really though.
The 22nd is when Intel releases their new Core 2 Duos and the current ones all go on yes a Sale.

Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

Xclio may not be the best but that is certainty a very solid PSU and comes with good specs at a great price. I would buy this PSU if It were me.

I DS3 is a very good board but if you want to cut costs there go with a MSI P6N 650i board for 10 bucks cheaper and overclocks well.

I don't think I need that good of a Video Card honestly. I don't plan on doing much gaming on my PC. I mean I like the option to run stuff every now and then but I don't plan on awhole lot that require top end graphics.

Any suggestions on a more "average" or slightly above video card?

*sigh*... Coke, if you want to post a url for a public wishlist, make sure the link does not have MySavedWishDetail.asp?...

What you do to make a public wish list: First, you obviously have to share it. Go into your wish list after doing that (Checking the box and click "Share".), and look at the URL. See the code, all...numberful... and everything? Highlight JUST THE CODE, and copy it. Now, go to Public Wish Lists, and click on any wish list you like. Look at the URL again, and delete JUST THE CODE. Paste your code there, in its place. Hit enter.

Wish list details

There's Coke27's link.

EDIT: Also, I'd recommend the eVGA 7600GS, even if you don't game that much; You'll have the option to play most games with more than low settings ^.^

Oh, by the way, Coke's setup, like all the setups I've seen that aren't mine, don't include an OS. I need to go to school now, but after school, I'll post one up that fits the OS in.

Do you need the monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers?

I have a 20.1" LCD Widescreen Monitor so nah Im covered there :)
I also already have mouse, keyboard and speakers.

For my OS I am thinking Windows XP Media Center Edition because I plan on using a TV tuner and I could easily use the Media Center to do my DVRing and all that stuff. Then again, Im not an expert on if there are other programs or software out there that are better for this. I'm scared at the thought of having to Install the OS. Is it hard to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom