Help me upgrade to please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingnewb

Beta member
I am a total newb to cpu gaming. So bear with me please, I really want to know what i need with my computer to make it one capable of playing the latest games within a fixed budget. I know you need RAM so im upgrading from 512 to 2GB. and where I get lost at is the video cards, there are so many and I didnt want to spend more than 300 dollars. And because there are so many video cards I don't know which ones are compatible with my motherboard, if that is even something to worry about ?. Also , I know I will need a new power supply, my cpu is only got a 300w and so for upgrading that can I use any power supply ? Please give me what you all would do with this computer to play games with ease.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883102669

and with that and 2 GB of ram I should get pretty decent gameplay you think ? And I guess I could always get a new cpu, unless you think that one is good enough for now. And later one, correct me if Im wrong, but with SLI capable you could add another one on too that one and it will split the work 50/50 ? Recommended ? or no ?
Thanks alot for the reply and finding a card that will work for my maching in about the price range I was hoping for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't recommend a second card.

FYI - The computer only has 512MB RAM, add in another 1GB stick of RAM and you'll be fine. And try not to install too much on the computer; it only has a 300W power supply, which will be the bare minimum (with the card added on, you'll have barely enough juice for anything).

Ok so the power supply will come first, then the RAM, then the video card, then the cpu if necessary. Good deal, thanks alot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom