Help me with SLI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin2041

Baseband Member
I have an nVidia GeForce 7600 GT. It can use SLI but I was wondering how it would work if I got another one and linked them.

Will it be similar to dual core CPUs?
Will it be able to run high quality games w/o choppy and low frame-rate?
Will it process faster? Or just distribute the load half-and-half?

Thanks in advance,
kevin2041

EDIT: I have an ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 Mobo

im sure you'd be happy adding another card. you will notice a difference. how big is beyond me.

i know my girlfriends dad has 2 7800 GT's in SLI and they preform pretty well.

But some SLI boards support a max of x16 all together in SLi while some motherboards, each PCI-e x16 is 16x each. So it's 32x all together? Is that right?

so then would it be a good idea to invest in another cheap card or wait till some "awesome" cards get cheaper?

2x 7800gt will improve your framerates dramatically (over 1x 7800gt).
if you overclock them, you will see on average 40 to 50% increase.
it makes a big difference dude, especially if you can get a good deal on one. it wouldnt really be worth it if you had to pay 200 dollars for the 2nd card, because 2 7800gt will have a hard time running as well as a single stock 8800gts, which only costs like 280.00 or something.

2x 7800gt will improve your framerates dramatically (over 1x 7800gt).
if you overclock them, you will see on average 40 to 50% increase.
it makes a big difference dude, especially if you can get a good deal on one. it wouldnt really be worth it if you had to pay 200 dollars for the 2nd card, because 2 7800gt will have a hard time running as well as a single stock 8800gts, which only costs like 280.00 or something.

well he's talking about 7600gt's.. lol... so anyway... i think going Sli with those would be a nice investment.. should be on par with a 7900gt.. which isnt too shabby at all... i say you go for it if you got the spare cash

Lemme know how that works out for you, I have the same card and I am considering doing the same thing. Question for everyone else tho, If i run two cards SLI, does that mean i cant use the ports on the second card to add a second monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom