help me pick a new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
Hi guys is me again lol.
well as some of u know i got a 9800gt for free that was damaged and was able to fix it doing the oven trick.
It worked well for a couple of weeks or so it ran good. **** it even ran new vegas on ultra but we all knew it was a temporary thing.
Its really funny i was playing a game beat it the card waited till the credits ended and then died. Yeah i tho it was awesome and just funny as ****.
well i been doing good on saving up lately and like to give myself a new card till i buy a gaming rig later on way later.
My friend has a 240gt 1gb ram and he says he plays great with it on win7 and i was thinking on changing over to win7 64
I like to keep it under $100 this are my specs.
there is to many cards under 100 and i hate to waste money on a worthless one trying to get the best bang for my buck u know.

AMD Athlon X2 5400 Dual Core Proccesor
BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ 6.X AM3/AM2+/AM2
4GB DDR2 ram
500GB Harddrive
Integrated Nvidia Geforce 6150SE
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply
Windows XP Pro SP3 maybe win764 if u guy rec i do so.

here is a couple that cought my eye.

Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-20105-10P GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-40602-10L GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Newegg.com - XFX HD-557X-ZNF2 Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

if u have a better choice please post thanks in advance.

all of those look nice. im guessing the femi 450 and the hd 4850 are more powerfull cards since they require extra power from a pci e power cord?

I been reding tru those and looks like the XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 is a win 69.99 after mail in rebate and had good reviews.
im getting a refund in a few days then this baby is getting ordered thank u all

the 5670 is good, but if you're looking for the best bang for buck card in your price range, it looks like the zotac gts 250 you had listed is your best bet. it is a little cheaper than the 5670 upfront and it too ends up costing 69.99 after a rebate, and it is the more powerful card. also has a lifetime warranty like the xfx.

The 9800gt was great to bad it was damamged and the oven fix only laste a few weeks.
I love the fact the card waited till i finished the game and watched the end credits to die lol.
is good to know this is a good purchase very glad is better than what i had.
this experimenting with this pc cost me more than it should had as it is lol. If i only had gone for the better mobo and psu at the begining istead of cheaping out to save a few bucks this pc would have been preatty decent.
Well my pcu and ram is still crap but thats ok it a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom