Help me get my friend a computer for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarly

Beta member
I budget is pretty small, I'd like to keep it between 400 and 500, but she really doesn't need anything special. This is a quote from her:

" Mostly for video storage and gaming, and also occasional internet browsing and what-not. Games I play range from internet checkers to Minecraft."

I'm not familiar with "video storage" or "Minecraft", so could you tech-savvy people tell me if say a computer like this would suit her needs?

Gateway SX2803-US20P Specs - Desktops - CNET Reviewsny other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanksss ^_^

Well, integrted video won't get you anywhere, in any game.

This is the system requirements: Minecraft System Requirements and Minecraft requirements for PC Games

You need an 8400/HD2400 to play it. That is around year ~2008. He probably can't play because he is using up his system RAM and CPU power to do so. I works fine on my laptop, and I have a 540M.
Hmmmm, my brother has a Hp, 3GB RAM, i3 processor (2.26ghz clock i think) and only bought it a few months ago. Even with nothing else open it doesnt run well.
When the heat kicks in after half an hour or so its impossible to play on

Hmmmm, my brother has a Hp, 3GB RAM, i3 processor (2.26ghz clock i think) and only bought it a few months ago. Even with nothing else open it doesnt run well.
When the heat kicks in after half an hour or so its impossible to play on
your brother's laptop probably also have integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom